One lovely thing about bananas is that they have a tendency to be quite cheap. Really, nothing is cheap right now, but bananas are one of the lowest priced fruits in the market.
Several things can be made with a just a few bananas. This delicious banana bread, for instance. It’s cheap, quick, and efficient, and it only uses one banana! Sound fantastic? Here is the recipe!
Banana Spice Bread
You will need:
x1 banana, without the peel
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
2 cups of flour
sour cream or lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2-1 cup of milk
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of nutmeg
1/2 TBSP of baking powder
dash of salt
fork, mixer, or whisk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2.Combine flour and sugar. Beat until combined and somewhat fluffy. 3..Add the egg, and beat well.
3.Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Sift together with your fork. 4. Alternatively add the flour and milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
5. Mix until the mix is smooth. Add vanilla and spices. 6.Peel banana and mash with a fork or potato masher until it resembles lumpy mashed potatoes. The bananas will be sticky.
7. Add a TBSP of sour cream, or sprinkle the banana with lemon juice and stir.
8. Fold the banana into the cake mixture. 9.Pour the cake batter into your greased and floured loaf pan.
10. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes to an hour, or until toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
The finished loaf should be sturdy, but the bread should be light. Cut and serve…it tastes great with a warm cup of tea! Enjoy!